{Menu Monday 12.21.20}

 

Happy #menumonday, friends!

Can you believe it? Christmas week is here!! I'm excited, but it is a bit bittersweet. In a "normal" year, we'd be packing up this week and heading to Montana to visit family, but this year... Well, we are staying home. I'm a little relieved to not be traveling the passes this time of year, but I'll sure miss seeing all of our parents and extended family. I'm definitely looking forward to when we can all be together again.

One thing that’s going to be different for us this Christmas is our food. Normally, we spend days upon days being fed by my parents and my in-laws. Our traditions are fairly set... my mom makes prime rib, my dad does chili or light snacks, my mother-in-law does a roast or fried chicken. Since we’ll be on our own at our house this year, we get to choose what we are having, and there’s no shortage of opinions around here. I think the final decision is to do a roast with mashed potatoes and Yorkshire pudding. We'll have no shortage of desserts, of course!

Here's the plan for the week:
Monday: Ramnoodla & Kielbasa
Tuesday: Enchilada Casserole
Wednesday: Leftovers
Thursday: Charcuterie
Friday: Christmas!! Eat all the food.
Saturday: Leftovers
Sunday: Potato Soup

I'm really wanting to try some new recipes in 2021, especially ones that use whole food, more fresh veggies, and less processed, boxed food. I'd love it if you'd share some of your favorite recipes with me!

Comments