{Menu Monday}

If you've been around here for very long, you've probably noticed that I'm a big fan of rhythms, routines, and traditions. One of my favorite routines is menu planning.  Call me crazy, but I'm sucker for list making, and making a list of good food sounds just about perfect!

Today, my husband and I celebrate our 24th wedding anniversary, so I've got years of menu planning under my belt. If you're in need of some ideas for your weekly dinner plans, I've got the goods!  I'll be starting to post recipes as we go along, but if you'd like to know more about how to make something in the meantime, just ask!

Here's my plan for this week (7/20/20-7/27/20):

Monday: It's our anniversary, so Jon and I are eating "out." We haven't decided if that looks like getting a patio reservation or if it looks like takeout at a park.  Our kids (ages 22, 20, and 17) are on their own tonight.

Tuesday: We'll plan to clean up any leftovers from our birthday girl's celebration from the 19th, and from our anniversary dinner.  If there's no leftovers, we'll do something easy like tacos.

Wednesday: Spaghetti and garlic bread. *Pro tip*: Any time you have to brown ground beef, brown 2 lbs instead of 1, and freeze half.  Then you've got some ready to in tacos or spaghetti for another night when time is tight.

Thursday: Chicken Penne Gorgonzola (FAMILY FAVORITE)

Friday: Homemade Pizza

Saturday: Leftovers

Sunday: Chicken Curry (FAMILY FAVORITE)

If you've never menu planned before, I recommend starting by creating a list of things you 1) know how to cook and 2) like to eat.  Then, think about your schedule for the week (how much time do you have to cook on any given night) and start plugging them in.  Start by planning for a week.  As you get more used to sticking to a plan, you can branch out to planning for 2 weeks, or even a month, at a time! Your bank account will thank you!

Comments