{Menu Monday 9.7.20}

 


Happy #menumonday, friends!

Last week, I spent most of the week in front of my computer screen, listening to and participating in multiple professional development sessions around remote learning, Covid safety, and social emotional learning. When the week was over, all I wanted to do was eat comfort food and relax, as my brain was swirling from information overload.

This week, we will jump into what will become a more "normal" schedule for the year. We don't have students until next Monday, but this week I will host multiple webinars to orient students to online music instructional delivery. I'll also have time to work on my lessons for the coming weeks. It's a strange new world, but I'm kind of excited to see how it will go.  

I'm planning simple menus for the days I work this week, I'm lucky to have Fridays fully off again this year. I'm also excited and looking forward to that schedule, as it will afford me more writing time than I had last year, which I wasn't expecting, but am grateful for. My first newsletter is coming together; it should be in your inboxes at the end of the month. If you're not on the mailing list yet, go ahead and fill out the information on the sidebar, and you'll be signed up! You'll get access to exclusive content such as recipes, reflections, and writing. I can't wait to share it with you!

Here's the menu for this week:

Monday: BBQ (burgers and veggies)
Tuesday: Chicken Fried Rice
Wednesday: Leftovers
Thursday: BBQ Chicken & Veggies
Friday: Homemade Pizza
Saturday: Leftovers
Sunday: Steaks and Veggies on the grill

I'd love to hear what sort of dinner ideas you plan for work days. Do you make it fancier on the weekends? Or eat out? Do you plan a takeout night once a week (or more)? Or is eating out more of a special occasion? Drop me a comment and let me know!

Comments