{Menu Monday 10.12.20}


Happy #menumonday, friends! Fall fully arrived on Saturday with a rainy, blustery morning. Yesterday was a gorgeous sunny, breezy day, but a bit on the chilly side, especially when the rain kicked in again in the later afternoon. Jon and I were finishing an 11 mile long run just as the rain started! It made for a cold last mile and walk home. Even so, we sure love October running. Not too hot, not too cold, pretty much just about right.

After getting home from our run, neither of us felt like cooking dinner, so we ended up ordering pizza from a favorite local pizza place. That means we get to have chicken curry tonight! Here's the plan for the week:
 
 Monday- Chicken Curry
Tuesday- Tacos
Wednesday- leftovers
Thursday- BBQ Chicken and Veggies
Friday- Gyros
Saturday- leftovers
Sunday- Yellow Soup

My garden is winding to a close, and I'm using homegrown tomatoes and zucchini in a lot of things these days. I'm only sad that I didn't get more zucchini off my plants this year. Usually I freeze a bunch for bread later in winter, but I didn't get enough this year. I guess I'll just have to survive with banana bread!

My mom sent me a few bags of MacIntosh apples, so I spend part of my Saturday making applesauce and freezing sliced apples for pies. Often, my October Saturdays are filled with XC meets in the mornings and apples in the afternoons, but...... 2020. I didn't get as many apples as usual, the trees seem to be recovering from the last two years of bumper crops. But I thoroughly enjoyed my Saturday, up to my elbows in apples, and my house smelling heavenly. What are your favorite Autumn traditions?

 

Comments