{Just Me}

Welcome!

Hey there, friends.  Welcome to this new space.  I'm sitting at my kitchen table right now, drinking my coffee and looking out my french doors at the beautiful mixture of grey clouds, blue sky, and winter trees.  Winter trees are not my favorite.  They are bleak, empty, and in many ways, devoid of life.  But the thing about winter trees is that they also hold a promise.  They hold a promise of life to come, of green buds and warmer days.  The dormancy process is necessary to the life of a tree.  It is a cycle, that brings life and new life as the tree awakens from its winter slumber into the freshness of springtime, and into summer when it produces seeds that drop and germinate into new life.


Spring is coming!

In many ways, my writing life has been in a winter season for awhile, but I truly believe Spring is coming.  This new blog space is a part of that process.  Similarly to how winter always serves to remind me how much I love springtime, this season of being dormant has reminded me how much I love and enjoy writing. This new space is a place to explore ideas, to begin to express some of the wisdom I've learned over the years, to share words and thoughts, especially ideas and thoughts that are birthed from spending time in the Word, and sometimes, to share bits of whimsical ideas I happen upon or think of.  That's kind of the idea, right?  Wisdom, Words and Whimsy.

This space might become a place where I share bits of poetry I'm working on, or stories.  I'll probably share some practical life tips now and then that I've learned along the way.  I may share parenting advice, or what I feel the Lord is speaking to me during a particular season of life.  I hope to share authentic bits of life and experience. I will talk about real "stuff" on this blog.  But my hope and prayer is that the real stuff we talk about will always be spoken through a filter of grace and love and hope.

So a little about me...

Mostly, my life is pretty normal.  I'm married to my high school sweetheart, we have three great teenagers (the oldest is still 19 as of this writing), we attempt to dance from day to day with minimal drama and "stuff."  (Everybody's got stuff...but that's another post for another day.)  I often feel that I'm leading multiple lives as I go through my week.  Elementary music teacher by day, blogger/author/church planter by night.  I sometimes feel that I've had just enough life experience to be dangerous, but also feel like I don't know anything and that I still have so much to learn.  As you'll probably see in future posts, this is one area that I'm in a season of major growth... Learning to trust my own wisdom and what I've learned, while still being willing to admit that I am always a work in progress.


I hope you'll join me on my journey from a winter season to finding spring again.  Interaction in this space will make it more fun for all of us, and I'd love to hear some topics that you'd like to hear about.  Grab your coffee, curl up in a chair, and we'll have a chat about life and "stuff".

Comments