{A little kindergarten whimsy}

Since we are all pretty new to this space, you might not know that I am a music teacher during my "day job."  I teach elementary music to ages Kindergarten through 6th grade.  Kids love routine, and my kinders always come into my classroom the same way...  Mr. Farmer is on the SmartBoard, welcoming them into the music room, and we sing a song around the carpet and do some stretches.

Today, we were doing a lesson that doesn't have the Mr. Farmer slide at the beginning, so I muted the projector and told them all that Mr. Farmer is on vacation this week!  After we sat down on the carpet, I asked them to make predictions about where they thought Mr. Farmer went on his vacation.



Here are some of their responses:

"I think Mr. Farmer went to a beach in Mexico."

"I think Mr. Farmer had to take his daughter to the doctor."

"I think Mr. Farmer had to leave school and take his daughter to her school."

"I think Mr. Farmer took his daughter to Hawaii, because that's where my neighbor took his daughter."

"I think Mr. Farmer went camping."

"What's 'vacation?'"

As you can see, quite the varied responses!  They are so cute!!  I hope you enjoyed a little kindergarten whimsy today!


Comments