{New}

I recently participated in the hope*writers New Year Writing Challenge.  This challenge was a fun one for me.  One word each day to prompt whatever you want to write about.  This was from day 1: New.


"Therefore, if anyone is in Christ, he is a new creation.  The old has passed away.  Behold, the new has come."  2 Corinthians 5:17 ESV

New creation.  Something from nothing.  I love to create things.   I love to take yarn, fabric and thread, paper and pen and make something beautiful and memorable from a pile of materials.  It is life to my soul.

Is it any wonder then, that I love this verse so much?  Jesus makes all things new.  In Him, my mess and tangled bits of fabric and wire and string become part of a bigger masterpiece.  When I surrender to Him, to His will, my mess becomes His glory, and He takes my brokenness and makes it beautiful.  My maker's heart thrills to the multitude of possibilities that await when I surrender to Him, to the reality that He has made me new.  I often have to remind myself that I'm not the bits of paper and string anymore, but that's ok.  It's part of the process.  How are you living "new" today?


Comments