{Menu Monday: 8.24.20}

 

Happy #menumonday, friends! I'm so excited for this week, because we are taking a little vacation this week. My husband gets to take a little break from private music teaching this week, because next week, I go back to work. Of course, I'm still trying to get in all the last minute August-y things like dental appointments before I go back to work, so we are doing a little stay-cation for the first part of the week, and then a quick overnight on Friday and Saturday.  Dolly and Gabe are going to stay home this time. We'll be back for Sunday church, because we love being with our church family!

It's still been warm this week, which means that I'm still going for meals that are easy to prepare using something like my Instant Pot and the grill, rather than my stovetop or oven. (This post is not sponsored. I just really love my Instant Pot.)  Most of these dishes are easily done with the grill and either my IP, or my rice cooker.

Here is the plan for the week:

Monday: French Dip sandwiches
Tuesday: Chicken Pesto Pasta
Wednesday: Tacos
Thursday: Chicken Fried Rice
Friday: Traveling
Saturday: Traveling/Leftovers
Sunday: Chicken Curry

I love eating when we travel because it almost always means that we get to enjoy food that we don't normally get when we are in our hometown.  We like to head to our tried and true favorites, but if we are in a new town, we like to sample local cuisine. While we all have our favorite "chain" type food places, we do like to support local when we can. I'm looking forward to Thursday and Friday when we get a little out of the norm. 

I mentioned last week that I needed to get the Chicken Penne Gorgonzola recipe for you, and I've got it about ready to go.  In fact, it's going to be the first recipe I'm sending out in my new newsletter, coming in September. This will be exclusive content for subscribers, so if you want that recipe (it is a family FAVE), then head on over to the sidebar and give me your deets. (Or click here.)

What's your favorite out of town place to eat? That one "must have" when you go vacationing? Tell me in the comments!

Comments