{Menu Monday 8.10.20}

 

Well. I did NOT see that coming. If you read last week's Menu Monday post, you know that my daughter was getting married on Saturday.  It was beautiful and it all went off without a hitch!  It's a little weird having a child who is married now, and I'll be posting all about that later in the week. As for what I didn't see coming... Wedding plans and other general weirdness wreaked havoc on my meal plan for last week. We had a few things we stuck to, but, WOW. I feel like I’m trying to climb back on a moving horse. 

This week, I’ve got some back to school meetings, and believe me, that whole hot mess has me feeling ALL THE FEELS, but well save that for another post. Combined with all the OTHER feels from having my first kiddo get married on Saturday, let’s call it a win that I can even type coherently. 

I’m sure that this week with school meetings will have me thinking and feeling about those fall rhythms and routines, and I find myself wondering what will look the same, and what will be different as we transition from summer to fall. I feel apprehensive, unsure, and even a little scared. I’m sure many of you feel the same as you make decisions for your family about school, work, and life in the coming days. As I was sharing with a friend recently, it helps me so much to know that I'm not in this alone.

And I know it sounds silly, and probably even overly simplified, but these feelings are EXACTLY why I do things like meal plan, why I curate those rhythms, routines, and traditions in my home. Please don’t misunderstand, my solid foundation is the love of Jesus, and it is in Him alone that I place my trust, not in traditions or menus. That said, there is an atmosphere of trust that is created in our homes when we regularly incorporate rhythms and routines into our lives. Will there be times when flexibility is what is called for over routine? Absolutely. But there is something comforting about walking into the kitchen and seeing a plan on the menu board, even if I know that plan can, and will, change. 

And here’s the great thing about changing up the plan and being flexible when it’s called for: I can “recycle” parts of last week’s plan to make it work for this week! So, without further ado, here’s the plan for this week!

Monday: Chicken Burrito Bowls
Tuesday: Spaghetti or Tacos (we'll see what everyone wants tomorrow)
Wednesday: Steak and Veggies
Thursday: Leftovers
Friday: Chicken Pad Thai *NEW RECIPE
Saturday: Charcuterie Board (I love this light meal for hot summer nights!)
Sunday: Bacon Mac and Cheese
 
What are you making this week?  I'd love to hear from you!

Comments