{Menu Monday 10.19.20}

 

Happy #menumonday, friends! Don’t you just love October? Ours has been lovely this year, a perfect mix of warm and cool, sun and rain. And while I’m already thinking ahead to the Thanksgiving and Christmas seasons, I’m not looking forward to cold weather and winter driving. I think L. M. Montgomery’s adorable character Anne Shirley said it best: “I’m so glad I live in a world where there are Octobers.” Hmm, now I might need to go back and reread the Anne series!

Speaking of reading, I’ve been enjoying revisiting some old book friends over the last few months. I recently rediscovered A Wrinkle In Time (a perfect October-ly read), and the second book in the series, A Wind In The Door. I still have such fond memories of my fourth grade teacher, Mrs. Smith, doing these as read-alouds. I credit her with encouraging my passion for reading and writing. 

As October turns to November and the weather turns colder, I imagine many more cozy evenings with my blanket, my books, and my tea. Starting next week, I’ll begin to plan yummy soups one day each week. I do love comfort food when the weather is cold. I’ve got a traditional family recipe on this week’s plan, which is always fun and reminds me of my childhood. 

Here’s the plan: 

Monday- Chicken Fried Rice
Tuesday- Spaghetti with Meatballs
Wednesday- Leftovers
Thursday- Ramnoodla & Kielbasa Sausage
Friday- Nachos
Saturday- Leftovers
Sunday- Chicken Penne Gorgonzola 

What's on your menu this week? I'm on the hunt for some new ideas!

Comments