{Menu Monday 8.17.20}

 

Happy #menumonday!

If you're new around here, you should know that I love helping women curate rhythms, routines, and traditions for a meaningful life to leave a legacy that matters. One way that I do this in my own home is to plan my weekly menus in advance. This saves me time, money, and sanity because I don't have to wrack my brain every night with the age-old "what's for dinner?" question. 

This week is expected to be a warm one, at least at the outset. When it's hot outside, I avoid using my oven as much as possible, even though we are very thankful for our central air conditioning.  When I try to avoid my oven, I turn to my gadgets such as our grill, my Instant Pot, and my rice cooker. This week I'll be using all 3 quite a bit! I also love my Crockpot, but since discovering the Instant Pot a couple of years ago, I admit my Crockpot usage has definitely decreased. (This post is not sponsored, by the way). I'll be breaking it out at the end of the week, though, because I still swear by my Crockpot for a good old roast dinner.

Here's the plan for the week:

Monday: Chicken Penne Gorgonzola (Family FAVE! I've got to get this recipe down for you guys.  It's so easy!)
Tuesday: Leftovers
Wednesday: Pork Fried Rice 
Thursday: Chicken Lettuce Wraps
Friday: Pizza (maybe homemade... maybe takeout... I haven't decided yet)
Saturday: Leftovers
Sunday: Roast and potatoes

I love doing things like Fried Rice in the summer because it's so easy and versatile.  I picked up some asparagus and peppers at the grocery store, so those will get mixed in with the pork to sautee, but I love that you can toss almost any veggie into it and it still turns out so well.  I've done zucchini and cabbage in fried rice, or bean sprouts and scallions, or summer squash and peppers and onion. You can also add grated carrot or cucumber (or both) for garnish to add some fresh flavor.

If you missed Wednesday's #writingwednesday post, there are a couple of opportunities there that I'd love to hear from you about.  Check it out here.

ANNNND... If you haven't signed up for the monthly newsletter that I'm launching in September, go ahead and fill out the form in the sidebar to get signed up.  You'll get access to exclusive content including recipes, tradition tips and tricks, and the occasional original poem or short story. I've been working hard getting the first edition ready and I'm so excited to share with you!
 
In the meantime, what's on your menu this week? I'd love to hear from you!

Comments